Friday, December 30

My Favorite Cleaning Product

When we bought our home it was trashed and filthy beyond reason. There were weeks of cleaning and I wondered what on earth the previous tenants could possibly do to get a house so.stinking.dirty. And I know what you're thinking, nope, no pets, it was human dirt, grime, filth, and trash.

One of the things that saved me from just burning the house down and starting over (believe me I thought it) was Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser.

It works MIRACLES! It's gets rid of hard water on glass, (I cleaned all my windows with it!) makes those pots and pans look brand new (even all that perma-burned stuff on the bottom and sides), sinks, tubs, toilets, shine (good bye soap scum and hard water) and stainless steel gleam. I can't recommend it highly enough... seriously, just spend the $2.50!  I linked it to Target, but you can buy it at almost any grocery store. Oh, and it HAS to be Bar Keepers Friend. I have tried other brands and they are all totally weak compared to this one. 

Take for example my Cast Iron Sink, it's been through the ringer, so their are chips and dings, but really it gets so dirty from my pots and pans. 




It take minutes and a TEENSY bit of elbow grease to go from bleck to shiny and clean!

All you do is lightly dampen the area, squirt Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser on, wait for a minute or two, grab a rag and do a bit of scrubbing, and rinse the area clean. All done.

(Read the back of the bottle to make sure the surface you want to use it on is okay, and as always, try a little spot first... the stuff is powerful!)

Lastly, if you have sensitive skin, wear gloves. I wash and lotion my hands about 100 times a day so I just go for it.

Give it a try and let me know if there is another miracle product that I need to try, i'm all ears.

Happy Friday.

Mickie

No comments:

Post a Comment