Monday, December 5

My Favorite Home Decor Touch





Recently, we moved into a new (to us) home. It was a dump when we bought it though! It had been trashed and took an entire semi truck sized dumpster to carry away all 40 yards of junk that the previous owners and their renters left behind. We've redone almost everything since moving in. I'll talk about our projects and changes in posts to come. We came in this having little to no experience and have really come a long way. If we can do it, I am convinced you can too! It's not so hard, just requires some elbow grease. 

Today I wanted to share my favorite home decor purchase thus far. Our area rug for our living room. We live in the beautiful pacific northwest on some property that is surrounded by humongous towering pine trees. We knew that carpet in our living room area wouldn't be an option with our kids running in and out all day long. We laid about 1400 sq ft of Hickory hardwood, including in the living room. However, we wanted something that was comfortable, soft, and fluffy for cuddling up and watching a movie or wrestling on the floor with the kids in the largest living space.

I did a lot of looking and research. Rugs can be terribly expensive and who wants to drop a ton of money on something that is cheap, thin and shows wear right away. We finally settled on this one. My sister has a rug from the same company and loves hers, so we took a closer look at the Safavieh brand. Every rug gets great reviews on Amazon. We have had it for 5 months now and we LOVE it! We get compliments from everyone that comes to visit. Especially friends and family with babies since it's thick, soft, and fluffy. The color is gray and ivory, but the gray is a varied color with some tan hues so it's quite a versatile neutral piece. I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep it clean (remember the previously mentioned kids). All I do is vacuum it with my trusty Hoover on the highest floor level and it cleans up easily. P.S. I could write a love letter to my vacuum, if
you are in the market for something more affordable than a Dyson, give this one a try. I can take it apart and put it back together in minutes to get any sort of clogs that happens in hoses. It's bagless and has a rinseable filter. The thing has been working overtime since we moved in and hasn't failed us yet. 

When we first got our rug it had a little bit of a "new" smell but after a day or two the smell was gone. It's the best purchase I have made thus far, and have no hesitations recommending it to all of you. 

Happy Monday!

Mickie  

2 comments:

  1. Love this! We will be in the market for a new rug once the puppy is fully trained so this is good info. Thanks Mickie!

    ReplyDelete